Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Viewing, reading, listening …





QuiltCon is the largest convention of modern quilting in the world. The 10th event was held in Atlanta in February 2023, under the auspices of The Modern Quilt Guild. 


View the new online themed exhibition Memories of Childhood that features artwork by 28 OZQN members.


Modern Mystery Quilt 2023 Virtual Exhibition
The quilts in this exhibition were made by hundreds of quilters who participated in the Modern Mystery Quiltalong 2023. Modern Quilt Studio


Frame quilts are one of the typical styles of patchwork quilts in the UK. In this comprehensive study video, Carolyn Gibbs explains their key features, illustrated with many examples from her own Collection, and from the Quilters Guild Museum Collection, to whom grateful thanks are due. Carolyn Gibbs Quilts, 22 January 2023


How to Organize a Quilting Room with Timna Tarr
I spent a lot of time thinking about how to make the most of the spaces, taking into consideration the ways that I work.

While I won’t commit to this being my last studio, I do think this one will stick around. I am sure it will evolve over time. One thing I have learned is that as my work and life changes, so do my studio needs.
Timna Tarr, Quilting Arts Magazine, Winter 2023


Low Volume Fabrics
Many of my quilts use ‘low volume’ fabric but I believe this is a relatively modern term in patchwork quilting. Generally low volume fabric in patchwork quilting refers to any light coloured fabric. In this post, I outline the different types of low volume fabric that I often use in my quilts and show some examples of how I have used them. Thimbles and Needles, 5 February 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment