Friday, September 7, 2012

Fairholme Quilters Exhibition 2012 (16):Houses, gardens and flowers

Click on the images for a larger view:


69 COUNTRY HOUSES
This started with a charm pack of ‘country’ fabric which appealed to me and the desire to do some more hand piecing. Then I found the template set for the house block, and couldn’t resist it. Of course much more fabric followed, and more blocks, and it just grew. Once I had the centre and the flying geese in the outer border done, the Monday quilters from Fairholme gave me some great advice about colour placement in the solid borders. Entirely handpieced, and yes, I did enjoy it. Jo-Ann Phillips, Quiltwise, took my ‘non-fussy’ nature into account and machine quilted it beautifully. My second completed quilt (when do I stop counting?)
Sue Crowe



46 LOG CABIN & APPLIQUE
Traditional Log Cabin in country colours was inspired by a pattern in Patchwork & Quilting magazine designed by Tara Sniedze. The custom quilting was completed by Michele Turner of Pinetree Cottage Quilting.
Marilyn Abbey











Thanks to Andrew Freelander for the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment