Saturday, June 25, 2016

Fairholme quilters at Sydney Quilt Show (2)

We are delighted to see Rousillon, the raffle quilt from our
Quilt Show in April, hanging at the Sydney Quilt Show this week.
It will go to the raffle winner very soon.
 
Queensland quilter Rae Cashman entered two quilts into the Sydney Quilt Show that were quilted by Fairholme member Jo-Ann  Phillips. Rae kindly gave us permission to post photos of her quilts here. The captions are extracts from the quilt labels at the show:

Rae Cashman  ‘King George III’ 178 x 137 cm  
I loved this pattern from Somerset, based on the antique 
"King George Reviewing The Volunteers" quilt and loved making it. 
Quilt Design by Somerset Designs 
Machine quilted by Jo-Ann Phillips, Quiltwise 
Detail of Jo-Ann's quilting on King George III
Rae Cashman and Jo-Ann Phillips  ‘Found On Chris' Back Table’ 
190 x 154 cm 
I admired the design of an antique quilt always on the back table 
at Cottage Quiltworks, Warriewood. The owner Chris allowed 
me to photograph it so that I could make it. It allowed me to 
use my shirting fabrics, which I love.
Detail of Jo-Ann's quilting on 'Found on Chris' Back Table'

No comments:

Post a Comment