Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Images from the Fairholme Quilt Show (7)

ANNA’S BOHO GARDEN
Nerida Williams
Inspiration for this quilt came from favourite fabrics by Anna
Maria Horner from Nashville, TN, teamed with Kathy Doughty’s
Retro Starburst pattern. The main print was too lovely to cut
any smaller! I really like the way this quilt adds a colourful
'boho‘ accent to an otherwise dull corner of my home.
It is machine pieced and hand quilted with Perle 8.
FUN WITH TURQUOISE
Robyn Leek
This quilt was the first in my 'turquoise' phase. Machine
pieced with large stitched hand applique.
Framed
Louise Church
After winning the raffle at our 'Biggest Morning Tea' and discovering
fabric designed by Camille Rosskelly, I decided to borrow her book
from our library. The layer cake pack I felt lent itself to the 'Framed'
design. A weekend workshop accomplished the large top being
machined pieced. As this is such a large quilt, I decided to have
it professionally quilted by Jo-Ann Phillips.
My niece and goddaughter was married the week before Christmas
and will be the lucky owner who will appreciate it very much.
TRIPPY
Miriam Jones
I began this quilt as part of a Brigitte Giblin Trip around the
World quilt along. The squares are 2 inches and a red spot fabric
had to be used. Fabrics used had to come from your own stash and
all seams had to be hand-stitched and eye balled. This means I did
not mark one seam, but used my eye judgement in making the quarter
inch seams. I surprised myself that I could actually do this, and create
a perfectly flat quilt! I really enjoyed 'making do' and making this quilt.
SPRINGTIME
Robin Williams
I made this quilt from a Kaffe Fassett jelly roll because I love
the way he uses colour. The quirky pattern appealed to me.
The pattern is by Obsession 2 Quilt, found in Quilters
Companion magazine. Machine quilted by Jo-Ann Phillips, Quiltwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment