Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Quilts and their people (1)

There's no quilt show without the quilts. We managed to snap quite a few photos of Fairholme quilters with at least one of their quilts on display at our show. There are many photos to peruse, here are the first few ...


Adrienne Perry, with William Morris Garden
A friend and I attended a Michelle Hill workshop at a Southern
Highlands retreat and this quilt is the result. It was quite
challenging with all the leaves and curly bits and pieces but we did
learn to applique with fusible webbing.  I used only William Morris
fabrics. Michelle Hill design using William Morris flowers
for inspiration.
Denise Hendy, with Victorian Toyshop Window
I completed this in a class with designer Tita Leach. The quilt depicts 
the famous toy shop window “Hamleys” in Regent St London.
Hilary Flynn with Four Kimonos
I made this in order to try out a design I liked and use up
some lovely Japanese scraps from my stash.
Machine quilted by Sue Olma
Lyn Lang with My Village
This quilt was designed by Japanese quilter Yoko Saito. After
trying to copy Yoko’s muted colour scheme without success,
I decided to use my own colours. With a lot of stopping and starting
I finished the quilt in mid 2017.
Hand applique, machine piecing and hand embroidery,
machine quilting.


Miriam Jones with Australis
I designed and made this quilt after a visit to Uluru using all the
colours that Australia means to me. It is a vibrant, energetic
quilt which I loved making. Many thanks to my good friend
Jo-Ann Phillips who machine quilted it to perfection!

Miriam Jones with Barn Star
I love star quilts and this one was a beauty to make using a variety
of bright fabrics. I made this quilt for fun and I hope it cheers up those
who snuggle up to it! Machine pieced, hand quilted.I modified the
pattern for 'Barn Star' by Victoria Findlay Wolfe to make this quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment