Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fairholme Quilters Exhibition 2012 (12): Geometry

There can be a lot of maths (calculations, measurements, geometry) in quilt making, and sometimes, a little subterfuge. Is the shape you think you see, the shape the quiltmaker actually used?




















39 BLACK AND WHITE AND RED ALL OVER
This quilt was made from a kit including a jelly roll of red, white and black. This is my interpretation of the original pattern purchased at a quilt show. Custom quilting by Michele Turner of Pinetree Cottage Quilting.
Marilyn Abbey




35 I’M STIR CRAZY
Designed by Brenda Henning in her book ‘Strip Therapy 2’ made with a ‘Bali Pop’ and a Kiwiberry roll.
I needed to make a quilt to feature the fabulous border batik fabric from Tulis in New Zealand. Machine pieced. Machine quilted by Jo-Ann Phillips.
Georgie Patrickson




44 HANNAH’S QUILT
I made this quilt for my daughter Hannah's 21st Birthday. It is a double sided quilt made with much love.
The front is made using a jelly roll and a contrasting fabric. The back is a gorgeous contemporary Japanese
fabric. I hand quilted the quilt in a free wave motion to compliment the quilt pattern stripes using a variety of
pearl cotton coloured threads. Inspiration for this quilt was found on the Quiltspluscolor blog.
Miriam Jones






30 X-STATIC
This quilt began life at an X-block workshop a couple of years ago. After much anguish over borders and
backing, I utilized much of the leftover fabric from the quilt top to make a more interesting backing. I then
chose to hand quilt it, taking several months more to finish. When I finally completed the quilting, I was
indeed X-static.
Pamela Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment