Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fairholme Quilt Show 2014: Hexagons

Click on an image for an enlarged view

STEPPING STONES - Elaine Walton
This is a much simplified version of the Anna Levens quilt by
Margaret Sampson George, from her workshop in June
2013. Much time as spent trying to be “modern” and
“bold” with colour, and I am now satisfied with the result.

Another angle on Janice Freelander's
'The Wedding Quilt'
that was runner up viewer's choice ...
... and a close up of just some of the hexagons.

CHASING BUTTERFLIES - Helen Battelino
This cot quilt, or play mat, was inspired by the arrival
of my twin granddaughters last November. I used 

fabrics from my considerable stash of cat fabrics 
also inspired by my two other “furry babies”. (I also 
used them to piece the back, but still only made a 
small dint in the stash.) I hope that the cats and the girls
 are going to enjoy playing on this quilt together. It was 
based on a design in the book “Collection of Quilts 
for Modern Baby” (The Patchwork Place). 
Thank you to Christy Wang of Quilting Treasures 
at Pymble for the beautiful butterfly quilting.
LITTLE ANNA B - Robyn Tayler
A mini version of the centre of the Anna Brereton quilt.
The hexagons used in the centre are 3/8" and the border
hexagons are 5/8".

HEXIE  - Helen Bracher
This quilt started as a cushion cover, but I really
enjoyed the hand work assembling the hexagons
and just kept adding more. The design evolved
as I progressed and is different to many
hexagon quilts that I had seen. The backing
was found in a shop in Perth. The hand quilting
took a long time but was a real joy.

Other quilts from the Fairholme Quilters 2014 Quilt Show are posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment