Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fairholme Quilt Show 2014: pieced quilts (2)

FOUNDATION PIECING - Dawn Cox
I attended a foundation Piecing Workshop in Queensland.
The tutor was Marie Webb, a friend of mine.
An exciting project that worked for me.
(This quilt is miniature - about 12 " square)
STARBRIGHT - Susan McMahon
The blocks for this quilt were made a number of years
ago and they were left to while away the hours in the
linen cupboard. Deciding one day recently to have a
clean out of the cupboard I found them. I then
finished the quilt with great pleasure because
I can now quilt flowers!
NIGHT GLOW Georgie Patrickson
Second of 2 quilts made from the Jinny Byer 'Night and Day'
pattern and made with mainly her fabrics. This pattern
attracted me for its use of blended colours although they
are my choice of colours. This will be a wallhanging so I
decided to alter the border detail and also use a facing
rather than a binding to finish.
Machine strip pieced and quilted by me.
MARY’S DAYLIGHT GIFT - Georgie Patrickson
One of 2 quilts made from the Jinny Beyer pattern
'Night and Day' and made with mainly Jinny Beyer
fabrics. I have always loved her use of blended colour.
This quilt will be a gift to a life-long friend.
Machine strip pieced and quilted by me.
PAVEMENT - Jill O’Connor
My son asked for a ‘black and gold’ (football colours)
with no flowers. The very simple and forgiving piecing
pattern is called 'Pave the Way' by Karen Gray Design
The yellow rectangles in this version are 3" x 6” finished.
The pattern was published in the Spring/Summer 2011
issue of Quilt Sampler magazine.
Quilted by Christy Wang (Quilting Treasures, Pymble).
RICRAC CIRCLES - Robyn Leek
This fabric was bought as a bundle and I enjoyed choosing
the ricrac colours to blend with the fabric colours.
The circles and ricrac are all attached by hand and it is
 handquilted.
The original circle concept was inspired by Kathy Doughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment