Thursday, April 12, 2018

Quilts and their people (2)

More from #fairholmequiltshow2018 ...

Daphne Freke with Bali Rays
I was inspired by a similar quilt I saw on Pinterest. I have added
contrasting circles to add interest. The quilt has been foundation
pieced, which is one of my favourite techniques.

Pat Nerlich and Lynette Harvey with Judy's Quilt
This is a collaborative quilt lovingly completed by Lynette and Pat.
 Our dear friend Judy passed away 13 years ago and the completed
centre of this medallion quilt was found only recently, with the
intended fabrics for its completion. We completed it and will
gift it to Judy’s daughter.

Pieced and appliqued. Quilted by Jo-Ann Phillips.
The design is 'Victorian Memories' by Carolyn Foster
(in The Quilt Room, Lintott and Miller)
Patricia Nerlich with My Urban Quilt
Inspired initially by a “Mariquilts”quilt on Pinterest but over time
all sorts of modern and improvised quilts I had seen in books and
on Instagram and Pinterest. Felt the need to give it a go. Worked in
blocks and panels which was a concept I hadn’t used before.
 Freestyle cutting techniques learned in a Brenda Gael Smith workshop.
 I learned that it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be.
Machine pieced, hand-quilted.
Janet Swalwell with Safe Harbour
Begun for my husband’s 50th, it is several years overdue. His
love of lighthouses made this pattern by Canadian designer
Kaaren Johnston an easy choice. Who knows? Someday we might
travel to the Maritimes and have our fill of these fabulous lighthouses!
Traditional piecing, applique, machine quilted.
Original design reduced by 25%.
Jenn Davis with The Amazing Meadow
In September 2015 I had the good fortune to attend a workshop
to make Lizzy House’s “Meadow”quilt. It was a wonderful
afternoon with friends and I love the quilt top that that resulted.
 Two years later I found the perfect quilting idea and voila!
Curved machine piecing, Perle hand quilting.
Jo-Ann Phillips with Confused Flying Geese
I’m enjoying making projects with modern fabrics and this quilt
top went together in no time. It was my first attempt at big stitch
quilting but it won’t be my last!
Machine pieced, quilted on my long arm and embellished using
big stitch quilting with perle thread.
A purchased kit based on the pattern by Julie McCoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment